Lance Davis Question...

A 5 star hangout for overworked and underpaid system admins.
Bailx

Lance Davis Question...

Post by Bailx » 2010/06/19 19:32:19

I've been a long time Red Hat user, and when RHEL came along I paid for it for a couple of years.... and then CentOS came along...... my personal favorite operating system (next to an actual Red Hat product.... *this absolutely excludes Fedora however*)

Anyways..... I hadn't really kept up on the news.... I just go about my business and was kind of shocked that this whole thing passed me by... going on like 2 years ago heh....

So.... I guess what I'm trying to ask here.... is what happened to Lance? I'm curious about the man, not the effects on the project....

Did he have some kind of nervous breakdown? Is he back working as CentOS? I hope he is OK.

I'm just really curious about what made him do this.... not so much about the ramifications, even though those are obviously important.....

Thanks to all of the great people who run this project....I really don't know what I would do without CentOS....

I go distro shopping every few years and I ALWAYS come back to CentOS, you just can't beat it (I'm even using it as a desktop these days) and i'll always use it for servers.

AlanBartlett
Forum Moderator

Re: Lance Davis Question...

Post by AlanBartlett » 2010/06/21 14:06:08

I post a [url=http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2010-June/005649.html]link[/url] to a thread in the [i]CentOS-devel[/i] mailing list archives for your consideration.

Bailx

Post by Bailx » 2010/06/24 18:16:30

Thanks for responding....... you must know that I meant no disrespect and did not mean to "pry" as Russ stated...

So... sorry if I offended anyone.... but my curiousity comes from a "personal" place....without going into detail.... as to why he decided to "disappear"

Anyways.... End of Topic..... Keep up the good work and thank you for taking the time to respond to my question.

AlanBartlett
Forum Moderator

Post by AlanBartlett » 2010/06/25 15:36:42

All being well, one of the [i]CentOS Core Developers[/i] will eventually post to this thread.

Like you, I and all other associates of the [i]CentOS Project[/i] are also "in the dark".