Could not retrieve mirrorlist

General support questions
jerryontime

Could not retrieve mirrorlist

Post by jerryontime » 2019/04/13 03:55:02

Hi,

When I tried to use yum, it could not retrieve the mirrorlist.

[root yum]# yum install g++ liblz4-dev
Failed to set locale, defaulting to C
Setting up Install Process
Could not retrieve mirrorlist http://repo.grid.iu.edu/mirror/osg/3.2/ ... ase/x86_64 error was
14: PYCURL ERROR 7 - "Failed to connect to 2001:18e8:2:6::110: Network is unreachable"
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: osg. Please verify its path and try again

I have tried everything online. The usual problems encountered by others is unable to get mirrorlist from the official website. But mine is related to a url that I even unable to reach in my browser. I have tried to change /etc/yum.conf and /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo according to online solutions but it still shows the same problem.

Can anyone help me please???

Jerry

avij
Retired Moderator

Re: Could not retrieve mirrorlist

Post by avij » 2019/04/13 05:06:13

You need to either disable that repository or contact the people at iu.edu to have their repository fixed.

If you can't locate the repository config file, try grep osg /etc/yum.repos.d/*

This is not a CentOS problem at all, you are trying to access a 3rd party repository. Maybe also see this page if that's what you are trying to use.

jerryontime

Re: Could not retrieve mirrorlist

Post by jerryontime » 2019/04/13 07:30:08

avij wrote:
2019/04/13 05:06:13
You need to either disable that repository or contact the people at iu.edu to have their repository fixed.

If you can't locate the repository config file, try grep osg /etc/yum.repos.d/*

This is not a CentOS problem at all, you are trying to access a 3rd party repository. Maybe also see this page if that's what you are trying to use.
Thank you.

I have removed content in the directory and run:

curl -o /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo http://mirrors.aliyun.com/repo/Centos-6.repo
yum makecache