Cann't change to Bridged Adapter

General support questions
Dan Mark

Cann't change to Bridged Adapter

Post by Dan Mark » 2019/04/24 11:48:53

After installing the CentOS 6.5 in Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager, I can not change it to Bridged Adapter and I got the problem like this ("Invalid Settings Detected" = System : Acceleration page: The harware virtualization is enabled in the Acceleration section of the System page although it is not supported by the host system. It should be disabled in order to start the virtual system)

I need you help.

TrevorH
Site Admin

Re: Cann't change to Bridged Adapter

Post by TrevorH » 2019/04/24 15:15:03

Don't use 6.5. It's 5 years old and riddled with security exploits. The current CentOS 6 version is 6.10 and is the only one that should be used.
I got the problem like this ("Invalid Settings Detected" = System : Acceleration page: The harware virtualization is enabled in the Acceleration section of the System page although it is not supported by the host system. It should be disabled in order to start the virtual system)
That's not a CentOS problem at all. You have checked the box in VirtualBox settings to enable hardware VM acceleration but it is switched off in your BIOS or your processor does not support it. Google your processor model number and find it on ark.intel.com and see if the specs there say it has VMX extensions. Look in your BIOS settings and enable virtualization there.
The future appears to be RHEL or Debian. I think I'm going Debian.
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 and 6 are deadest, do not use them.
Use the FAQ Luke