Does anybody knows a tutorial on installing and running Docker in 32 bits VPS, that works nowadays??

Issues related to applications and software problems
joejac

Does anybody knows a tutorial on installing and running Docker in 32 bits VPS, that works nowadays??

Post by joejac » 2018/11/07 18:24:05

Hello
1.- I was able to install node.js but not Docker, my problem is that I am using a Centos 6 VPS with 32 bits i686 architecture.

# yum install docker << install only 18Kb with no dependencies, I do not know what it is wrong.

I looked for tutorials but they are outdated, the installation fails with current packages.
I also followed this tutorial: "Docker Daemon for 32-bit architectures"
https://www.nirmata.com/2016/02/09/dock ... itectures/

I followed the instructions but when I issue the command:
# make build I get this error:
Makefile:125: The docker client CLI has moved to github.com/docker/cli. For a dev-test cycle involving the CLI, run:
DOCKER_CLI_PATH=/host/path/to/cli/binary make shell
then change the cli and compile into a binary at the same location.
docker build -t "docker-dev:master" -f "Dockerfile" .
/bin/sh: docker: command not found
make: *** [build] Error 127
2 Does anybody knows a tutorial on installing and running Docker in 32 bits VPS, that works nowadays??
Any help is very much appreciated, I am trying to install Docker on a Centos 6 VPS, 32 bits i686 architecture.

Thanks and Regards

TrevorH
Site Admin

Re: Does anybody knows a tutorial on installing and running Docker in 32 bits VPS, that works nowadays??

Post by TrevorH » 2018/11/07 23:01:51

I do not think you can run a recent docker on CentOS 6 though I am by no means an expert on it. The kernel is just too old and doesn't support half the things they want to do. Also a VPS is usually a VM and may not be suitable for running it anyway.
The future appears to be RHEL or Debian. I think I'm going Debian.
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 and 6 are deadest, do not use them.
Use the FAQ Luke