[SOLVED] CentOS 6 is not recognizing HDD during installation

Issues related to hardware problems
apoc

[SOLVED] CentOS 6 is not recognizing HDD during installation

Post by apoc » 2011/07/24 20:38:34

Hello, I'll preface this question with I am new to CentOS and looking forward to exploring. I have gone through the read-me first/FAQ, but have not found an answer to my question. I have the following setup that I am trying to install CentOS 6 on:

MB - Asrock p67 extreme 4
CPU - i7-2600k
HD - Samsung HD103SJ (Sata3)
Other OS - Windows 7

I was able to successfully burn the ISO's to DVD's and the system recognizes them when I set the DVD player to boot first. I pass the media tests, begin the installation and make it to recognizing the hard drive, alas nothing is found. As a test, I hooked up a seagate external drive via USB and that is recognized as a hard drive option, so I don't believe it is a MB issue. I'm a bit lost as to why the hard drive is not being recognized and a google search has not yielded me the results I was hoping for.

I appreciate any assistance provided on this matter.

Regards

apoc

[solved] Re: CentOS 6 is not recognizing HDD during installation

Post by apoc » 2011/07/25 14:12:45

Please disreguard this question, I've found my issue was my BIOS. I only had two options (RAID & IDE). After some research I found I should have had a 3rd option AHCI. After a flash of the bios that option appeared and everything is now working as expected.