X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication.

General support questions including new installations
alinik

Post by alinik » 2015/10/07 16:42:13

Hello,

I am a newbie in Centos. I have a Centos machine in my research lab that I have been using it for the past couple of years to run Ansys-CFX. I even used it sometimes remotely and I never had problem with it until yesterday.
Since yesterday when I log in to my account I cannot run CFX anymore and I receive this message:

Launcher.exe: Fatal IO error: client killed
An error has occurred in cfx5:

The CFX Launcher /usr/ansys_inc/v150/CFX/bin/linux-amd64/Launcher.exe
exited with return code 1.

when I log in with root account I never receive such error and everything is fine.
Surprisingly no one has touched that machine and it just decided not to work as before suddenly!
So I went ahead and modified the sudoer file using visudo command and gave myself all the privileges. Then I was able to run CFX from my own account using "sudo" for couple of hours. but then again it happened and now I cannot run it from my own account even with "sudo" command. I am receiving the same error again.
I even tried adding new user just to check and see if there was something wrong with my old user. I again cannot run anything from the new user.
I am literally stuck here and any help is much appreciated.
I cannot take this machine to IT guys of our department because they might mess something up as they have done it before so I have to fix it all by myself.

Thank you

alinik

Post by alinik » 2015/10/07 16:55:30

Hello guys,

I am a newbie and I desperately need your help.

I have a Centos machine in my research lab which was working fine for the past couple of years until yesterday. I even sometimes used it remotely and never had any problems with it.
I used to be able to run CFX from my own account but since yesterday I am receiving this message:

Launcher.exe: Fatal IO error: client killed
An error has occurred in cfx5:

The CFX Launcher /usr/ansys_inc/v150/CFX/bin/linux-amd64/Launcher.exe
exited with return code 1.

I can run CFX without any error from root account. So I went ahead and gave myself privileges of root by editing the sudoer file. I was able to run CFX from my own account using "sudo" command for couple of hours.
but then it happened again and I receive the same error even with "sudo".
I do not want to take it to IT guys because they might mess something up with this machine as they had done it before.
SO I have to fix it by myself.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

avij
Retired Moderator

Re: X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication.

Post by avij » 2015/10/07 17:42:52

Moderator's note: Merged posts into one topic. Note that messages from new users are held in moderation queue until they're approved by a moderator.