xawtv and Centos 6

Issues related to hardware problems
mcmatt

xawtv and Centos 6

Post by mcmatt » 2013/09/23 16:58:46

Hello, new to the forum to ask this question.

I searched but have not found a similar thread for this issue.

We have a Centos 6 based app that requires a video feed window. I have successfully used xaxtv for a few years, but within the past few months it has behaved differently.

It seems it will not save options. When I delete the /roor/.xawtv config file, I get the pop-up window explaining this file and where to put it.

After I create the file, this popup goes away so it seems that xawtv recognizes its existence.

All settings are not being stored/read however. We have to manually change to NTSC and then the program sets NTSC-M, but upon restarting xawtv, we have to set NTSC again.

Also, in the past, I was able to make a channel for each input to the card, ie Composite0, C...1, etc. I could put a label for each channel and this label would show in the title bar. Finally, a left click used to produce a list of available channels that I had in my config file. Now, that does not work.

Anyone with similar problems? I am open to fixes/mods or even a different program. tvtime would work but I just need a simple video window with some label, I don't need a full TV app.

Thanks very much in advance,
Matt