[RESOLVED] Change of e-mail address?!!

Having issues using the CentOS WebSite? Then describe your problem(s) here. Please include details of your platform (Linux, Mac, Windows) and browser -- not forgetting the versions of each.
zenon

[RESOLVED] Change of e-mail address?!!

Post by zenon » 2010/09/25 20:50:59

I just logged in to change my e-mail address, only to find that it is impossible; the username
and e-mail address are greyed out in "edit profile" and cannot be changed.

Why is this so? It makes sense to disallow changes of username (and whoever needs to
change his nick can always create a new one), but it makes no sense at all to disallow
change of address.

Could a forum admin please look into this?

Thanks,

Z

AlanBartlett
Forum Moderator

Re: Change of e-mail address?!!

Post by AlanBartlett » 2010/09/25 21:38:22

Please contact me by e-mail, , which you may verify from my [url=https://www.centos.org/userinfo.php?uid=25484]profile[/url], stating your current registered e-mail address, the new address that you wish to have registered, your time zone and if you have selected the option to allow receipt of occasional messages from forum moderators & administrator.

I ask for your answer to the latter two questions as a means of security checking.

AlanBartlett
Forum Moderator

Re: [RESOLVED] Change of e-mail address?!!

Post by AlanBartlett » 2010/09/26 14:57:33

[quote]
Why is this so? It makes sense to disallow changes of username (and whoever needs to
change his nick can always create a new one), but it makes no sense at all to disallow
change of address.
[/quote]
It is agreed that there are a number of deficiencies in the current forum software and, quite some time ago, a comprehensive list of defects was drawn up for those working on the [i]"Website V2.0"[/i] project. When will the new software be implemented? I am unable to give an answer to that question. :-(

As [b]Zenon[/b]'s registered e-mail address has been changed, this thread is now marked [RESOLVED], for posterity.

For any other forum user who has the need to change their e-mail address, please contact any one of the moderators. We are all accessible. :-)

alisveris

Re: [RESOLVED] Change of e-mail address?!!

Post by alisveris » 2010/11/27 18:18:06

Interesting request :) good solution.