boot hangs !

General support questions
almalk

boot hangs !

Post by almalk » 2019/06/13 12:10:10

hello every one i hope i find a solution here .
i installed selinux-policy-targted ("because when i tried to change selinux config from disable to any option by setenforce it said selinux is disabled so i tried to install it again and see" ) ,and change selinux config from disable to enforcing ,and reboot , and boot hangs on and these are the error (failed)

after it used to ask me about passphrase luks on disk and partition i crypted it by luks and now it just ask me about passphrase of disk and hang and don't ask me about the partition passphrase , sorry about my english but i hope you under stand my issue .

TrevorH
Site Admin

Re: boot hangs !

Post by TrevorH » 2019/06/13 12:28:44

The correct way to switch from selinux disabled to enforcing is a several step process.

First, edit /etc/sysconfig/selinux and change SELINUX=disabled to SELINUX=permissive
touch /.autorelabel
reboot
wait while it relabels every single file on your system
Once it comes back up, edit /etc/sysconfig/selinux and change SELINUX=permissive to enforcing. You should be able to turn on enforcing mode using setenforce 1 if you don't want to reboot now.

To recover from where you are now, you will need to reboot and at the grub menu, hit 'e' to edit the current kernel, scroll to the end of the line that starts with either 'linux16' or 'linuxefi' and append a space followed by enforcing=0 then hit ctrl-x to boot using the amended parameters to boot up in permissive mode. From there you should be able to perform the steps listed above.
The future appears to be RHEL or Debian. I think I'm going Debian.
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 and 6 are deadest, do not use them.
Use the FAQ Luke

almalk

Re: boot hangs !

Post by almalk » 2019/06/13 14:05:32

Thank you so much it's done now :D :D .