anaconda 21.48.22.147-1 exception report

General support questions
MooseLamb

anaconda 21.48.22.147-1 exception report

Post by MooseLamb » 2019/07/12 20:40:18

I am trying to reinstall Centos-7-aarch64 because I do not know the password. However, when I do it says unknown error "anaconda 21.48.22.147-1 exception report" and lists a whole bunch of information. I have seen another post that suggested to go to rescue mode and remove the meta data from the drives. I can't do that because the system is also having bootloader issues. The only way I even get into the login screen is by using a usb bootloader.

So I decided to just reinstall. There are a total of 3 ssds in the system but all of them give me the same error. I removed the formatting and partitions on the ssd but still same error. Any tips on how I can reinstall CentOS without having to get a new hardrive? Or how to reset the password? Single user mode doesnt work.

Thanks

TrevorH
Site Admin

Re: anaconda 21.48.22.147-1 exception report

Post by TrevorH » 2019/07/12 21:20:51

when I do it says unknown error "anaconda 21.48.22.147-1 exception report" and lists a whole bunch of information
Posting that info would be helpful to diagnose the problem.
I removed the formatting and partitions on the ssd but still same error. Any tips on how I can reinstall CentOS without having to get a new hardrive? Or how to reset the password?
If you formatted it and repartitioned then it's a bit late to be resetting the password! But if you can put it back how it was then following the link to the RHEL instructions for resetting a forgotten root password should get you in.

You can find information about how to reset a forgotten root password in the wiki http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/ResetRootPassword
The future appears to be RHEL or Debian. I think I'm going Debian.
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 and 6 are deadest, do not use them.
Use the FAQ Luke