Major problems after moving server to a different network

General support questions
webanditstudio

Major problems after moving server to a different network

Post by webanditstudio » 2019/08/28 19:50:47

I set up the server at home and got most things working but today I moved it to another premises and the IP range is different. It was 192.168.86 248 at home but it's now 192.168.1.22 (fixed IP).
Some of the issues:
unable to mount shares (get an error about the format of URC in fstab file)
Wordpress website baulked (I have run a plugin to search/replace all URLs) but it's still not working right
Won't browse windows shares
Teamviewer crashes the entire server at login

I'm about at my wits end.

I'm not looking for specifics at this stage just pointers where to look for issues when the IP address changes please.

tony_down_under
Location: Perth, Australia but originally from Carshalton, Surrey

Re: Major problems after moving server to a different network

Post by tony_down_under » 2019/08/29 02:23:33

I am assuming the subnets are /24 being 192.168 ?

Whats in your /etc/resolv.conf ?

How are you trying to mount shares?

Where are you trying to access the website from? Another machine on the local network I presume? How is DNS configured for this to work, or are you trying to browse by IP address? Could DNS be resolving to an IP that is not the server?

What is the error with windows shares?

Remove teamviewer IMO.

Without knowing much about the system and it's config, it's difficult to give pointers. All I can do really is ask questions. When the IP changes, so too will the default gateway and likely DNS IPs and search domains. Depending on whats happening here, your system might be trying to use DNS for some things and failing. Could the search domain be pointing your system to local DNS for the url and the local DNS is unable to provide results?