Where can I find libcr.so.0 library?

Issues related to applications and software problems
afernandezody

Where can I find libcr.so.0 library?

Post by afernandezody » 2019/06/29 00:06:24

Hello,
I'm trying to install some software that has a dependency on libcr.so.0. I have no clue what this library does or how I can install it on CentOS7. Any suggestions on how to proceed? Thank you.

TrevorH
Site Admin

Re: Where can I find libcr.so.0 library?

Post by TrevorH » 2019/06/29 00:25:00

The way to find it would be to ask yum by using yum provides '*/libcr.so.0' but in this case it won't help as it's not found. I also tried using libcr.so.* and it doesn't find that either. So, the answer is that we don't ship it and nor do any of the third party repos I have enabled.

Google says it comes from a package called blcr-libs but the only copy of that that I can find is for PUIAS - another rebuild of RHEL - but only for 6 not 7. Maybe you can find the SRPM that they used to build it for 6 and run that through mock and rebuild it for CentOS 7.
The future appears to be RHEL or Debian. I think I'm going Debian.
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 and 6 are deadest, do not use them.
Use the FAQ Luke

afernandezody

Re: Where can I find libcr.so.0 library?

Post by afernandezody » 2019/06/29 00:52:45

Thank you for your insight. I also found the PUIAS connection while googling but it sounded a little bit out there. I wanted to double check and make sure that I wasn't missing anything. It's pretty weird and will have to contact the software developer why that dependency is there or how to install it.