[SOLVED]gcc configure error

Issues related to applications and software problems
Ask133

[SOLVED]gcc configure error

Post by Ask133 » 2019/07/06 09:43:01

I am a noob and i want to use a music application,but terminal tell me

Code: Select all

netease-cloud-music: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by /usr/bin/../lib/netease-cloud-music/lib/libqcef.so.1)
netease-cloud-music: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by /usr/bin/../lib/netease-cloud-music/lib/libcef.so)
netease-cloud-music: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by /usr/bin/../lib/netease-cloud-music/lib/libcef.so)
So,i want to upgrade my gcc(yes,this is google answer),and

../configure --prefix=/usr
checking build system type... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
checking host system type... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
checking target system type... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether ln works... yes
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /usr/bin/sed
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for libatomic support... yes
checking for libitm support... yes
checking for libsanitizer support... yes
checking for libvtv support... yes
checking for libmpx support... yes
checking for libhsail-rt support... yes
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name... 
configure: error: in `/home/me/gcc-8.1.0/gcc-build-8.1.0':
configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.
i upload the config.log
and i can't find how to solve it,please help me(my enlish is bad,so i use google translation)
Attachments
config.zip
(3.83 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
Last edited by Ask133 on 2019/07/11 04:57:00, edited 1 time in total.

TrevorH
Site Admin

Re: gcc configure error

Post by TrevorH » 2019/07/06 10:34:17

Upgrading your gcc will not help with that error as it's not a gcc problem.

The problem is that your application is compiled against a much newer version of glibc than CentOS 7 uses and you cannot change glibc without breaking your entire system so do not try. What you really need to do is recompile the application on CentOS 7, for CentOS 7 and then it will be built against the correct version of glibc.

Edit: I grabbed the source rpm for this from https://software.opensuse.org/package/n ... loud-music under the Fedora Rawhide link, and picked the "Source" option off the download button which gave me netease-cloud-music-0.9.0-23.394.src.rpm. I then ran that through mock --rebuild ~/torrents/netease-cloud-music-0.9.0-23.394.src.rpm and the resulting packages still won't install due to the wrong version of glibc.

I see mention of a flatpak app for this. CentOS 7 supposedly supports flatpak though I've never used it and couldn't make it install using that.
The future appears to be RHEL or Debian. I think I'm going Debian.
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 and 6 are deadest, do not use them.
Use the FAQ Luke

Ask133

Post by Ask133 » 2019/07/06 16:36:01

TrevorH wrote:
2019/07/06 10:34:17
Upgrading your gcc will not help with that error as it's not a gcc problem.

The problem is that your application is compiled against a much newer version of glibc than CentOS 7 uses and you cannot change glibc without breaking your entire system so do not try. What you really need to do is recompile the application on CentOS 7, for CentOS 7 and then it will be built against the correct version of glibc.

Edit: I grabbed the source rpm for this from https://software.opensuse.org/package/netease-cloud-music under the Fedora Rawhide link, and picked the "Source" option off the download button which gave me netease-cloud-music-0.9.0-23.394.src.rpm. I then ran that through mock --rebuild ~/torrents/netease-cloud-music-0.9.0-23.394.src.rpm and the resulting packages still won't install due to the wrong version of glibc.

I see mention of a flatpak app for this. CentOS 7 supposedly supports flatpak though I've never used it and couldn't make it install using that.
I just google and it tell me,if i update gcc and the i can get a newer version glibc.So i do this
Actually,I used to do update gcc to use the app before,it's work,but this time failed.
and it you need the binary file,here is:http://cdimage.deepin.com/applications/netease-cloud-music

TrevorH
Site Admin

Post by TrevorH » 2019/07/07 14:24:40

I just google and it tell me,if i update gcc and the i can get a newer version glibc.So i do this
No, really. I mean this. Do not attempt this or your system will break and you will need to reinstall. Ignore your Google search, it's wrong.
Use the FAQ Luke

jlehtone

Post by jlehtone » 2019/07/07 15:48:37

Container might be a possibility. Run the application in a container that provides necessary facilities. That way you don't mess with the system.

(However, I suspect that the application in question is not suitable for containerization.)

TrevorH
Site Admin

Post by TrevorH » 2019/07/07 16:47:35

I found a link saying you could download it as a flatpak app but I was unable to make that work, possibly due to lack of knowledge about flatpak and how it works.
Use the FAQ Luke

jlehtone

Post by jlehtone » 2019/07/07 18:15:26

$ flatpak remote-add --user --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo
$ flatpak search netease
Application ID         Version Branch Remotes Description                                       
com.netease.CloudMusic 1.1.0   stable flathub A popular online music player developed by Netease
$ flatpak install --user -v flathub com.netease.CloudMusic
$ flatpak run com.netease.CloudMusic/x86_64/stable
That does open a window even though console spits out errors/warnings.
The UI was in chinese/japanese/etc font that I can't read.
It did play some music video though.

Ask133

Post by Ask133 » 2019/07/08 06:12:56

jlehtone wrote:
2019/07/07 18:15:26

$ flatpak remote-add --user --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo
$ flatpak search netease
Application ID         Version Branch Remotes Description                                       
com.netease.CloudMusic 1.1.0   stable flathub A popular online music player developed by Netease
$ flatpak install --user -v flathub com.netease.CloudMusic
$ flatpak run com.netease.CloudMusic/x86_64/stable
That does open a window even though console spits out errors/warnings.
The UI was in chinese/japanese/etc font that I can't read.
It did play some music video though.
the app is from the deepin Community(Maybe you have heard of this Chinese Linux community),This player is also a product of Chinese company Netease(it you know Diablo Immortal,you can know it‘s eveloped by Blizzard and NetEase)
I go to Netease official website,I can only find the installation package for deepin linux and ubuntu Linux.
And,i go to the deepin community,i find this page(https://www.deepin.org/cooperative/netease-cloud-music/)(this page don't have English,only Chinese)here have deepin、ubuntu、Fedora, openSuse、Archlinux and Binary package but don't have CentOS's

Ask133

Post by Ask133 » 2019/07/08 06:25:03

jlehtone wrote:
2019/07/07 15:48:37
Container might be a possibility. Run the application in a container that provides necessary facilities. That way you don't mess with the system.

(However, I suspect that the application in question is not suitable for containerization.)
ok,you mean i must install docker?or wine?
but my computer is so old(the thinkpad T510,CPU 520M,8GB DDR3 and 512GB Samsung SSD),I am afraid that it can't run docker or wine properly.
Last edited by Ask133 on 2019/07/08 06:28:49, edited 1 time in total.

Ask133

Post by Ask133 » 2019/07/08 06:26:10

TrevorH wrote:
2019/07/07 14:24:40
No, really. I mean this. Do not attempt this or your system will break and you will need to reinstall. Ignore your Google search, it's wrong.
OK,i know,(but chinese Tutorial,all solution is compile and install a newer gcc!i also did this before and it work)