PPTP VPN problem

Issues related to configuring your network
Hoji

PPTP VPN problem

Post by Hoji » 2014/07/25 12:48:34

Hi

I wanna install Centos 7 in my laptop because of some needs. Actually, I want to switch from UBUNTU to Centos 7, thus I should stressed out that my knowledge about Centos is very little. My first concern about Centos is about VPN. I live in my university campus and I should use PPTP VPN to connect to the Internet. Without this type of connection I cannot use the Internet.

In UBUNTU I manage this by following this: Network Manager > VPN connections > Configure VPN > add > VPN > PPTP.
My question is that whether I can make a PPTP VPN in Centos 7 like this or not?

I asked this question because I saw that Centos 6.5 dose not have the VPN choice in “Network Manager > VPN connections > Configure VPN > add” path when I installed it last month!! If Centos does not support this type of VPN then what I should do? If supports, then how can I install it?

Please if anyone knows the easiest way of doing this job explain it for me. I should say that I don't want to use pptpd. I wanna manage it in Network Manager.

Thanks

vonskippy

Re: PPTP VPN problem

Post by vonskippy » 2014/07/25 18:07:52

You should tell your Uni that PPTP has been a broken security protocol for decades and is about as useful as ROT13.
For the 2.5^15th time :: Better Details = Better Answers

Hoji

Re: PPTP VPN problem

Post by Hoji » 2014/07/25 18:54:57

vonskippy wrote:You should tell your Uni that PPTP has been a broken security protocol for decades and is about as useful as ROT13.

Tnx for your suggestion! But please tell me if Centos has PPTP option in its MN applet or not.
I don't want to install it if it's not able to do what I want.