Centos 9 - Raid Image is not getting boot after the restore

Issues related to applications and software problems and general support
Mindco

Centos 9 - Raid Image is not getting boot after the restore

Post by Mindco » 2024/03/06 09:56:52

Hey Everyone, My name is Naman. I am trying to create a base image of the centos9 with customised partition with the raid 1 from the clonezilla. I am able to create image from the disk and also able to restore it successfully but after that when I boot into the system it first goes into the Grub Rescue Mode from which once I set root = (md/root) and prefix = (md/boot)/grub2 it successfully comes out of it without any issues when I do insmod normal and normal command after that. Then it goes to the Dracut Emergency Mode ever the raid partition get missing and I have to recreate them using mdadm once I finish that also it pop me with the message Root Partition found but it does boot into the system. I tried creating the raid partition wise as well as the disk wise from the firmware Raid and custom install with Raid but same error persist. Please feel free to connect me for more information. I will soon add the images to error as well please.

Questions: Is it really possible to restore raid images ?
Ques 2: If Yes, Please tell me a process I should follow to do the same.

Thank you for your generous time and help.

Regards,
Naman Mehta

TrevorH
Site Admin

Re: Centos 9 - Raid Image is not getting boot after the restore

Post by TrevorH » 2024/03/06 14:06:14

No idea about the questions you asked but the way to repeatable installs is by using kickstart files that tell the installer what to do.
The future appears to be RHEL or Debian. I think I'm going Debian.
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 and 6 are deadest, do not use them.
Use the FAQ Luke