FACING NEW ISSUE IN CENTOS 6.1

General support questions
chaithanyapka24

FACING NEW ISSUE IN CENTOS 6.1

Post by chaithanyapka24 » 2019/05/13 06:18:03

Hi,
I am facing new issue in centos 6.1 final to a server.

I have installed xilinx vivado 2018.1 in this machine. My concern is i am able to see waveform in xilinx Vivado software if i am accessing machine directly , but i am unable to see waveforms if i log that machine through remote nx client for windows ,
So according to me there is some issue in display resolution in the nx client software / the machine where i have installed centos 6.1(SERVER).

i am able to see waveform from remote machine with putty, but accessing things here is very slow.

I tried logging in directly as a remote user to the server.At the top corner I am seeing one message " Could not apply stored configuration for monitors"

Can anybody please help me in resolving this issue. We have contacted Xilinx support,they also suspected regarding display issues.

Thanks in advance

TrevorH
Site Admin

Re: FACING NEW ISSUE IN CENTOS 6.1

Post by TrevorH » 2019/05/13 12:55:17

Running CentOS 6.1 is ridiculous. Do not do it. CentOS 6.1 is from 2011 so is 8 years old and contains all the security vulnerabilities that have been discovered in that time. No-one should run it.

So your first step should be to run yum update as root and get your system up to date and onto 6.10 which is the current and latest version of CentOS 6. That's 6.ten not 6.one and was produced within the last year and still gets security updates.
The future appears to be RHEL or Debian. I think I'm going Debian.
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 and 6 are deadest, do not use them.
Use the FAQ Luke